Sunday 6 February 2011

Bocas del Toro

All I can say is Bocas has been wild and beautiful. As expected I spent the first few days on the Island of Bastimentos. Generally just chilling out, sunbathing and taking it easy. Along with a few other guys staying on the island we’d do things like pick coconuts and then spend the afternoon round the houses of the local tribespeople.

It’s not a place I could spend a lot of time in though as there was a severe lack of people and to be honest the hostel wasn’t up to much. So Bee and I, along with Alina, headed over to Bastimentos Town, the main party area to see what was going on. We ended up in a great little hostel called Hosteluego, run by a chilled out 20 something guy from Washington called Alex. It was the first place I stayed with hot water so a warm shower was amazing.

We spent the next few days out on the water in Kayaks, snorkeling and I even tried my hand at spear fishing and actually caught something. It wasn’t exactly a 4ft Tuna though! It was also great to meet 3 really nice guys from Buenos Aires who are eager to show me a good time there when I get there in a few months.

Right now I’m back in Panama City, I’m heading out on a 5 day Catamaran trip across the paradise islands of the San Blas with some great guys who are all staying at my hostel. Let the good times roll!

There are loads of photos that I need to put up but due to rubbish internet connections here, I'll have to update it at a later date. I'm tired and have to pack for the high seas. Adios amigos!



I saw a Sloth, dopey as hell but amazingly agile




Starfish Beach, on Isla Colon, where I learnt how to Spear Fish



Me and the boys on a night out in Bocas Town, Panama's answer to Kavos!


 Bee and her coconut, Now to get in the damn thing!

Gracias Amigo


 Mmmmm...Red Snapper at Bocas del Drago

Bocas Des Drago

No comments:

Post a Comment